We have significant experience in advising companies active internationally. We can help you with:
- international sales and acquisitions
- drafting general terms and conditions of sale
- agency, distribution and franchising agreements
- NDA and non-compete agreements
- M&A, technology transfer, industrial cooperation and joint venture agreements
- agreements for the transfer or licensing of trademarks, patents, know-how and software
We help our clients resolve some of the trickier aspects of international contracts, including:
- methods of payment
- force majeure and hardship clauses
- transport and delivery
- applicable law
- arbitration and jurisdiction clauses
We provide support and advice on EU and US export control law, assisting, in particular, companies that intend to, or already, operate in countries subject to economic sanctions (such as Iran or Russia). We counsel clients with trade restrictions involving embargoed countries and sanctioned individuals and entities.
We assist companies constantly interacting with the Italian Ministero per lo Sviluppo Economico (MISE) and/or with US federal agencies that oversee trade policy, including the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
We assist clients in:
- complying with dual use regulations;
- conducting internal investigations to determine any violation of export control law;
- taking corrective actions (for example voluntary disclosure) and preserving of any export privileges;
- determining commodity classification and applying for export license;
- developing and drafting compliance procedures for export control matters (“Internal Compliance Program”) and providing on-site training;
- negotiating and drafting international commercial contracts between Italian companies and companies located in countries subject to economic sanctions.
In particular, we have extensive experience in supporting corporate groups with manufacturing and/or distribution centers in Italy and in the United States.