We have significant experience in advising companies active internationally. We can help you with:
- international sales and acquisitions
- drafting general terms and conditions of sale
- agency, distribution and franchising agreements
- NDA and non-compete agreements
- M&A, technology transfer, industrial cooperation and joint venture agreements
- agreements for the transfer or licensing of trademarks, patents, know-how and software
We help our clients resolve some of the trickier aspects of international contracts, including:
- methods of payment
- force majeure and hardship clauses
- transport and delivery
- applicable law
- arbitration and jurisdiction clauses
We provide support and advice on export control to companies that intend to, or already, operate in countries subject to economic sanctions (such as Iran or Russia).
Our advisory work specifically involves:
- regularly working with engineers and other highly specialized professionals to analyze risk and draft opinions on the compliance of goods for export with dual use regulations (including software, systems and technologies). We regularly interface on our clients’ behalf with the competent government bodies and supervisory authorities;
- compliance with EU and US export control law;
- developing and drafting compliance procedures for export control matters;
- negotiating and drafting international commercial contracts between Italian companies and companies located in countries subject to economic sanctions.
We also have extensive experience in supporting corporate groups with manufacturing and/or distribution centers in Italy and the US.